Our primary goal is to welcome people of all abilities to the Enabling Garden in Altoona, IA.
- The main pathways are poured concrete for easy access through the garden.
- The raised beds and containers can be accessed from all sides and are built to working height.
- Vertical structures allow gardeners to garden without the need to bend or stoop.
- Wheelchair accessible picnic table
The Enabling Garden is also designed to awaken the five senses.
- Smell: fragrant plants and flowers
- Touch: fuzzy leaves, wispy seed heads
- Sound : meditation fountain, wind-chimes, windmill, plants and homes that attract birds, wind in trees, the bottle tree
- Taste: Kitchen garden for Caring Hands Food Pantry
- Sight: color and shapes of plants and structures